Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I need help

They say the first step in recovering from an addiction is, admitting it. OK.... I admit it. My name is Jeff Lascano and I'm a Olympicaholic. There I said it. I'm hooked on the Olympics. Like someone hooked on crack, I need it, I want it, I crave it. Is there a 12 step program I can get into somewhere. I always wondered what kind of freaks would paint their face or body at sporting events. I'm that freak, paint me up and send me to Beijing. I'm not proud, that I stay up until all hours of the night depriving myself of much needed rest, to watch the Springboard and Platform Synchronized Diving competitions, or the Women's 10 meter air pistol, but I will tell you 1 thing, that Wenjun Guo can shoot some air pistol. I'm not glad that I know "the peloton" is the main group of cyclist in a race, or that you receive a .3 deduction for stepping out of bounds in the floor exercise, but I do. It's so fascinating to see the dedication the expertise that these people have in their pursuit of Gold. I love the patriotism I feel when USA wins a medal. Go Michael Phelps, Go USA.

2 comments:

Chris Lascano said...

You do need some help! You are an olympic size freak!
How can you even talk about that when we are behind in the medal count.

Gold Silver Bronze Total
1. China 13 3 5 21
2. United States 8 7 8 23
3. South Korea 5 6 1 12

Will said...

I'm glad you're not in China. I don't know what the inside of a Chinese prison cell looks like, but I'm afraid the chest painting of the american flag or "PHELPS", or whatever else you might paint would earn you a night in there. Well, wait a minute... would you shave your chest first or just paint right over the chest hair?